Health Services - Home Visiting Program
Our Home Visiting Team consists of nurses, social workers and nutritionists who provide information and referrals on a wide variety of subjects to all families in our community.
Registered nurses, social workers and dietitians provide a visitation program designed to fit individual family needs:
- Healthy pregnancy education
- Physical and emotional changes
- Breastfeeding education
- Labor and delivery preparation
- Prenatal classes
- Community resources and referrals
- Presumptive eligibility for Medicaid
Birth And Beyond - prenatal classes
Newborns are fascinating people. The nurse helps the family discover all the wonderful things the new baby is able to do, and information about caring for a new baby. She can also answer questions about sleeping, crying, feeding, and loving the new member of the family.
If you are a parent of a child, you are invited to participate in our Follow Me program. Registered nurses, social workers and dietitians provide visits where it is convenient for you. We have information about:
- Growth and development screenings
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Parenting concerns
- Community resources
Just In Time - Parenting and development for each age; MSU Bozeman Extension Service
As the baby grows, the nurse provides regular screenings that help parents identify how their child is growing. The home visitor provides:
- Regular growth and development evaluations
- Suggestions for fun things to do with their children to help in all areas of development including social skills, language development and physical development.
If you are:
- a family with an infant or small children
- or have a child with special needs
you can schedule a home visit with a pregnancy, child or nutrition expert.
To schedule a home visit