Home Visiting Program - Prenatal
Every woman is eligible for the Prenatal Home Visiting Program, regardless of income.
The program is voluntary and is tailored to each woman's needs.
- What a home visitor does
- Schedule a home visit
- Birth and Beyond classes
- Related topics
The Prenatal Home Visiting Program goal is to support women during and after their pregnancy.
A healthy pregnancy will help ensure a good start for mothers and their new babies.
- Meets with a woman in her home.
- Helps find a doctor.
- Makes sure the woman understands the importance of good health practices.
- Assists those eligible in applying for Medicaid.
- Identifies concerns, problems, barriers, strengths, and goals.
- Looks at the woman's needs and helps her with issues such as housing, food, transportation, medical coverage, family relationships, mental health concerns and chemical use issues.
- Helps women use community resources to meet their needs.
- Helps develop ways to meet goals.
- Provides information about prenatal health care issues and fetal development, preparing for childbirth and the new baby, and developing skills good parenting skills.
- Offers continuing support
- Provides information about birth control.
Sample policy - for employer
SIDS & Safe Sleep information - CJ Foundation dedicated to reducing the risk of Sudden Infant Deaths.